While everyone is social distancing, music is more important than ever to bring hope, calm, and joy to our community.
The Music Conservatory of Westchester is planning a Virtual Concert for the Community featuring our students, faculty, and friends of the Conservatory to be streamed online publicly on Friday, May 8 at noon. This concert is a community-building event to share the joy of music with the public from their homes. We would love for our entire Conservatory community to be a part of the virtual concert. Think of it as Performathon from your living room on video!
Here’s what we need from you:
- Choose a family-friendly song (child-friendly lyrics, no swear words or inappropriate content). If you are not sure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Record the song on video (via phone, tablet, computer, or video camera) from your home. Please note: we cannot provide an accompanist for this video performance.
- Upload your video to the Music Conservatory of Westchester’s Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/hpiz7TsFf2uyMziK4Mge
- Please include your name, song title, and composer in the file name when uploading the video.
- If you are unable to perform or don’t feel ready, that’s okay! You can also upload a video message to the community. I’ve included a few examples below as ideas.
To be included in this Virtual Concert for the Community, you MUST upload your video by midnight of Monday, April 27, 2020.
Examples of personal video messages:
- “Thank you for tuning in to our Concert for the Community! Stay home. Stay musical!”
- “Thank you to all of the heroes in our hospitals who are taking care of everyone. This song is for you!”
- “Thanks Music Conservatory of Westchester for bringing music to the community!”
- “Music is so important. It makes me happy. It relaxes me. It helps me express myself. Music matters.”
- “Social distancing can’t stop us from making and sharing music. We are all in this together!”
If you would like to get involved, please contact Adriana Rivera, MCW Communications & Marketing Manager at email@example.com for more information.