The Conservatory building will open on Monday September 14th for a limited number of private lessons. We are committed to do everything feasible to help ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, families and staff.
Please note that all voice, woodwind and brass instrument lessons will be conducted online only, for safety reasons. Other instrumental lessons will be offered onsite and online. Faculty and students may choose the learning option that best meets their needs and preferences.
- All persons must enter the building at the 216 Central Ave. main entrances (front door, or wheelchair entrance for physically challenged).
- All persons entering the building must be wearing a mask that fully covers the mouth & nose. Masks must remain in place for the entire time you are in the building. Conservatory students and faculty: please do not forget to bring your mask with you. The Conservatory will have a supply of masks at a staffed table at the front entrance for emergency situations.
- All persons entering the building will be required to stop at the staffed table by the front doors for a temperature check. If anyone has a temperature of 99.9 degrees or higher, that person and anyone accompanying them will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the main entrance and in designated public areas.
- Elevators will be accessible only for physically challenged individuals and senior citizens. No more than two people at a time may occupy the elevator.
- Interior hallway and staircase directional signs must be followed. Persons entering the building will access the second floor via the main lobby staircase. To exit the building, all persons will use the back staircase to access the side door to the parking lot. Traffic flow will be clearly marked with signage.
- Lessons will take place only in designated studios large enough for social distancing. These studios will be clearly marked with signage. All other studios will be closed, with no entrance permitted.
- Pianos used for teaching will have the keyboards wiped down with isopropyl alcohol by the teacher in between each lesson.
- The teacher will open the studio door for student entrance and exit. Students should not touch door handles.
- Customary hallway seating will not be available. Socially distanced seating for MCW parents and caregivers waiting for a student will be available in the main floor lobby only. Steffi Nossen parents and caregivers must use socially distanced seating in the ground floor common area. Seating will NOT be available in the second-floor hallways.
- One adult may accompany a student into the building, escort the student to their teacher’s studio, and wait in designated lobby areas. No other adults or children will be permitted in the building. If it is necessary to have siblings or other individuals with you, you will be asked to wait in your car in the parking lot, and to provide a cell phone number where you can be immediately reached.
- Rest rooms designated for use by students and accompanying parents/caregivers will be clearly marked with signage and will be limited to one person at a time; exterior door Occupied/ Unoccupied signage will be posted.
- Restrooms will be cleaned daily with disinfecting bleach solution
- Carpeting in public areas will be vacuumed daily using Hepa filters.
- Socially distanced seating on main floor and lower level will be cleaned daily.
- HVAC ventilation air handlers have been disinfected and recommended Merv air filters installed.
- Elevators, entrance and exit door handles, and interior stair handrails will be sanitized twice daily.
- Interior HVAC supply diffusers and exhaust grills will be cleaned biweekly.
The building will be closed on Fridays during daytime hours for deep cleaning.