Sentinel Builders LLC, a full-service general contracting and construction management firm with a strong portfolio of education, healthcare, corporate interiors, and retail projects, will celebrate the groundbreaking of a transformative project for the Music Conservatory of Westchester.
The project will bridge traditional music education with 21st-century technology-based innovation. The expansion will focus on 3,500 square feet of unfinished space on the lower level of the Conservatory building, which will be converted into five exciting new teaching spaces:
- Digital Piano Lab with keyboard/computer stations
- Professional-level Recording Studio with both audio and video feeds networked to the school’s Recital Hall
- Relocated Percussion Studio equipped for jazz and rock bands, percussion lessons, and networked to the Recording Studio.
- Large Rehearsal Studio suitable for music, theater, and dance instruction.
- Additional Music Therapy Studio to accommodate a growing enrollment of students with disabilities.
Executive Director of the Music Conservatory of Westchester, Jean Newton, said, ” this is the final phase of the adaptive reuse of this building to create dynamic and innovative learning spaces for the next generation of music students” and the Board of Trustees issued a statement. “students will be rewarded with a state-of-the-art facility that is unique in Westchester County.”
Upon completing the project, MCW will become the first music conservatory in Westchester County to provide pre-college training in Sound Engineering and Studio Composition, preparing high school students for college programs and future career paths.
Ryan Jennings, President of Sentinel Builders, said, “we are looking forward to mirroring the mission of MCW, which is to provide the extraordinary benefits of music to everyone in Westchester and the surrounding communities. This new space will make that mission easier to accomplish.”
Groundbreaking will take place on Friday, November 5, 2021 at 11am, and construction is expected to be completed and open in the Spring of 2022.
For further details, visit us online: