The Conservatory building opened on Monday September 13th for private lessons and group classes. We are watching the course of the Delta variant and we are committed to do everything feasible to help ensure the safety of our students, faculty, families and staff.
Please note that we expect to offer most instrumental lessons both onsite and online. Faculty and students may choose the learning option that best meets their needs and preferences. Depending on the status of the pandemic, we do plan to offer onsite woodwind, brass and voice lessons using available safety precautions that have been developed in the past year, including instrument bell covers/bags and special masks, in addition to larger-size classrooms, good ventilation, and social distancing.
- All individuals who have received the Covid-19 vaccination will still be subject to all safety guidelines within the Conservatory building.
- Full Vaccinations are required for all woodwind, brass and voice students age 12 and above, as these instrument lessons may not allow for wearing a mask.
- Full Vaccinations are also required for students age 12 and above who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons.
- For students who cannot wear a mask and are not vaccinated, we offer remote lessons.
The following guidelines remain in place:
- All persons must enter the building at the 216 Central Ave. main entrances, with the exception of individuals requiring the use of the side entrance passenger elevator.
- All persons entering the building must wear a mask that fully covers the mouth & nose, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must remain in place for the entire time you are in the building. Please do not forget to bring your mask with you. The Conservatory will have a supply of masks at a staffed table in the main lobby for emergency situations.
- All persons entering the building will stop at the staffed table in the main lobby for a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of 99.9 degrees or higher will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the main entrance and in designated public areas.
- Elevators will be accessible only for physically challenged individuals, senior citizens, and those with baby carriages. No more than two people at a time may occupy the elevator.
- Interior hallway and staircase directional signs must be followed. You may access the second floor via the main lobby staircase. To exit the building, use the back staircase to access the side door to the parking lot. Traffic flow will be clearly marked.
- Lessons will take place only in designated studios large enough for social distancing.
- Pianos used for teaching will have the keyboards wiped down with isopropyl alcohol by the teacher in between each lesson.
- The teacher will open the studio door for student entrance and exit. Students should not touch door handles.
- Hallway and lobby seating will be available as follows: sofas are to be used only by family groups. Socially distanced individual seating will be available for all others. Chairs may not be moved from their designated positions.
- One adult may accompany a student into the building, escort the student to their teacher’s studio, and wait in designated lobby/hallway areas. A sibling may accompany the adult and must wear a mask and remain supervised at all times.
- Rest rooms designated for use by students and accompanying parents/caregivers will be clearly marked with signage and are limited to one person at a time; exterior door Occupied/ Unoccupied signage is posted.
- Should it be brought to our attention that someone who has been in the Conservatory building has tested positive for Covid, the Conservatory will follow CDC guidelines for notification and quarantine.
- Rest rooms and all high-touch surfaces (door handles, stair handrails, elevator panels, etc) are cleaned daily with disinfecting solution.
- Floors in public areas are vacuumed daily.
- The Conservatory’s HVAC ventilation system, located on the roof of the building, pulls a constant supply of fresh air circulated to every room. HVAC units are regularly cleaned and maintained, and have had recommended Merv air filters installed.
- The Conservatory has several portable air purifiers which are deployed as needed for specific lessons, classes, and performances.