CONTINUE YOUR LOVE FOR MUSIC AT MCWAdults
What We Offer
We offer instruction in all styles of music, on all instruments including piano, voice, strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion, harp, and harpsichord.
- Our highly qualified teachers use an individualized approach for each student, based on your musical goals and learning style.
- Lessons are available throughout the year, including summer.
- The Conservatory experience includes more than just lessons. Tuition includes:
- Free music theory classes through level 5
- Discounted performing ensembles
- Free student performances, including rehearsals with a professional piano accompanist
GROUP GUITAR LESSONS
- Jam with other adults learning basic guitar skills. Learn chords, strumming techniques, and songs you will love to play to get you to the next level of playing guitar.
- No prior experience needed.
GROUP PIANO LESSONS
- Live your musical dream by learning basic piano skills with other adults. Learn key signatures, scales, and songs to get you to the next level of playing piano.
- No prior experience needed.
MUSIC THEORY, APPRECIATION & COMPOSITION
Intro to Music Theory and History
- Learn elements of basic theory such as key signature, intervals, chord structure, and other music fundamentals. Discover the influence of these elements on the evolution of musical form and style.
- Teaches the principles and techniques of creating original music. Students listen to and analyze examples from the great composers, engage in group composition projects and have their original music performed.
- To take this class, students write a short original piece to be approved by the instructor.
Women’s Vocal Ensemble
- Sing your heart out! Aspiring singers at all levels of experience rehearse and perform together for the joy of singing.
- Harmonize and sing solos from popular repertoire, as well as selections from the Great American Songbook.
- Partners is the perfect way for intermediate and advanced piano students to have an enjoyable and valuable ensemble experience.
- Students are matched according to age and skill level and are coached in four-hands and two-piano repertoire by a member of the Conservatory’s piano faculty.
- Piano Partners perform at the Conservatory and may be asked to perform in a variety of community venues. A placement audition is required.
- Advanced piano, string, woodwind, or brass players are matched to rehearse and perform selections from sonata or other chamber music repertoire.
- Sonata Partners focuses exclusively on music for solo instrument and piano. Chamber Music accommodates a variety of instrument types with appropriate repertoire.
Rock Intensives for Adults: (8-week sessions)
- Each 8-week intensive is dedicated to a different genre, era, or artist. You’ll learn the basics of playing in a band, working with equipment and, of course, playing the music of some of your favorite bands.
- Develop your confidence and gain new friendships while exploring the music of popular recording artists!
- Musical instrument proficiency required.
Stay in the loop
Latest News & Announcements
Going once, going twice, Sold! As part of The Music Conservatory of Westchester’s 21st Annual Golf & Tennis Classic, being held on Monday, June 27, 2022, the Bidding For Good Auction 2022 is now live! We opened bidding on Monday, April 18 and we are happy to...
To Frances Caldwell’s former piano students and their families, as well as her former colleagues from the MCW: Please join us for a memorial service in honor of Frances (details below). Memorial Service for Frances Caldwell Saturday, May 14, 2022, 1:00 pm Scarsdale...
The rapid transmission of the omicron Covid variant, as well as updated public health recommendations, have led us to make some adjustments to our Covid guidelines. We ask that every member of the Conservatory community follow all guidelines and requirements. ...