Welcome to MCW Studios!
Welcome to MCW Studios, a state-of-the-art recording space for producing your music, videos, podcasts, and more.
Our recording studio was professionally and uniquely designed for the conservatory, with construction completed in October, 2022.
Layout and unique features include:
- Main Studio: 27’ x 24’ with control room.
- Vocal isolation booth.
- Fully isolated 22’ x 15’ drum booth.
- All spaces acoustically treated.
- Outfitted with cameras and monitors for capturing video recordings and live-streaming.
- Control room wired to record from our acoustically designed Recital Hall with a natural large room sound and professional stage.
Technology and Gear
Designed by Sound Associates, an industry leader in music production, our studio is furnished with the most effective audio and video technology on the market, allowing artists and creators to smoothly and comfortably track and film their recording sessions.
· Bosendorfer 7’ grand piano, vertical grained rosewood finish, built in 1987 (main room)
· Bosendorfer 7’ grand, ebony finish, built in Germany in 2004 (recital hall)
· Steinway 7’ grand, ebony finish, built in 1987 (recital hall)
· Yamaha Motif XF8
· Custom GMS 4-piece drum set (12/14/18 plus snare, jazz set-up)
· DW 5-piece drum set (10/12/16/22, with opt. double bass drum pedal, rock/pop setup)
· Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus 120-Watt guitar amplifier
· Roland KC-80 – 50W 10″ keyboard amplifier
· Aguilar Tone Hammer 350 bass amplifier head with a Phil Jones CAB 27 2×7 cab
· 2 x AKG C414 large diaphragm condenser
· 4 x Audix SCX1 small diaphragm condenser
· 2 x Shure Beta 58
· 3 x Shure Beta 57
· 4 x Shure Beta 87A
Cameras and Video
· BirdDog P100 cameras (main room and drum booth, mounted)
· BirdDog P200 camera (recital hall, mounted)
· Bird Dog P200 camera (floating)
· Blackmagic ATEM Switcher and Web Presenter
· Mac Studio with Logic Pro X and Pro Tools
· Midas 16-input console
· Yamaha HS7 studio monitors
· 5 x Radial direct boxes
· Sony MDR-7506 headphones
· 16 mic inputs, 8 line outs, 4 SDI ports, 8 Data ports (main room)
To book a recording session, contact Jake Robinson Jake@musiced.org for scheduling.
Please include the following:
· What type of ensemble or project are you bringing?
· What instruments are being recorded?
· How many songs or pieces?
· Are you capturing audio only, or audio & video?
Do you need instrumental accompaniment? From string quartets to piano accompanists to jazz ensembles, MCW can provide some of Westchester’s most in-demand instrumentalists for your project.
Base Fee: $90 per hour
4 – Hour Block: $325
8 – Hour Block: $625
Base Fee: $120 per hour
4 -Hour Block: $425
8 -Hour Block: $800
$65 per hour
*Students and faculty receive discounted rates, and students enrolled in private lessons receive a complimentary session for audition or competition recordings