SHARING OUR LOVE & PASSION FOR MUSIC WITH THE NEXT GENERATION.Early Childhood
Introduce your child to the fundamentals of music at MCW, using games and creative expression to teach concepts such as melody, rhythm, phrasing, dynamics and more. We’ll give your child the best possible start in music and you’ll have lots of fun exploring music as a family.
A Unique Experience
The Conservatory’s expert staff can customize a program based on your child’s skill set. Our staff can call or meet with you and your child to determine his/her readiness for a specific program or private lessons.
What We Offer
- Our classes include singing, chanting, playing instruments and dancing, along with musical stories, books and assorted props to encourage active participation.
- Our little musicians are exposed to many music styles; beloved standards, international, American heritage and more! Classes meet once weekly for 45 minutes.
- Classes are age specific, allowing us to meet and nurture each age group’s development and capabilities: Babies curriculum, Music For 1’s, Music for 2’s, Music for 3’s/4’s.
MUSIC SKILLS (K – 1)
- A fun class for children based on the renowned Dalcroze and Orff methods, this class teaches the fundamentals of rhythm, melody, and harmony through ear training, creative movement, song, use of bells and hand drums, and improvisation.
- Reinforces concepts learned in private lessons and prepares students for our Music Theory Sequence.
* Music Skills and Music Theory are offered at a 100% discount through level 5 for enrolled private lesson students. Music Theory Level 6 and beyond are offered at a significant discount for enrolled private lesson students.
SUZUKI PROGRAM (4 YEARS & UP) – VIOLIN, VIOLA, CELLO, AND PIANO
- The Suzuki philosophy is centered on the belief that, “Every Child Can.”
- At the Music Conservatory of Westchester, our specially-trained, Suzuki certified teachers are committed to meeting students where they are and instructing them in a way that allows them to grow at their own musical pace.
- We build a strong relationship between teacher and student through playing their instrument, learning early note reading, and interacting musically with their peers using a creative and individualized approach.
- Includes two classes per week – Private Lesson and Group Class. Music Skills or Music Theory is optional, but recommended.
- For more information on our Suzuki program click here or to learn more information on the Suzuki method, visit the Suzuki Association of America website
PIANO PROGRAM (PREK – 1)
- Piano instruction can begin as early as age 4. While some children are ready to jump right into private lessons, many start with a group class.
- Group Piano:
- Includes two classes per week: Group Piano and optional Music Skills. Using a blend of different teaching methods and materials, children learn basic piano skills in a nurturing environment with their peers. A parent or caregiver guides at-home practice.
- Private Piano Lessons:
- Includes weekly private lessons and optional supplementary music skills or theory classes. For young children ready to begin one-on-one instruction. We will place your child with an experienced early childhood piano instructor. Online lessons available.
- To register for early childhood Private Piano Lessons, please consult with Associate Dean for Student Services, Song Gonzalez at email@example.com
GUITAR PROGRAM (PREK – 1)
- Guitar can be an ideal first instrument for children, starting as early as age 4. After 1-2 years of group class, most students are ready for private lessons. A parent or caregiver monitors and guides home practice.
- Strong basic playing skills provide a foundation for students to learn classical, jazz, or rock when they reach more advanced levels, and to participate in a rock band, jazz combo or guitar ensemble.
- Working with their peers in the early stages helps foster the collaborative spirit necessary to make music with others.
- Group Guitar:
- Includes two classes per week: Group Guitar, Music Skills. For young beginners age 4 to grade 1 who have never previously learned guitar.
- Private Guitar Lessons:
- Includes weekly private lessons and optional supplementary music skills or theory classes. For young children who have completed at least one year of group guitar and are ready for one-on-one instruction. Online lessons available.
- To register for early childhood Private Guitar Lessons, please consult with Associate Dean for Student Services, Song Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in the loop
Latest News & Announcements
MCW 21t Annual Golf & Tennis Classic Fundraiser 2022
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The Music Conservatory of Westchester is holding its 21st Annual Golf & Tennis Classic and Gala at Brae Burn Country Club in Purchase on Monday, June 27, 2022. Enjoy a day of golf or tennis followed by an evening of...
MCW Bidding For Good Auction 2022
Going once, going twice, Sold! As part of The Music Conservatory of Westchester’s 21st Annual Golf & Tennis Classic, being held on Monday, June 27, 2022, the Bidding For Good Auction 2022 is now live! We opened bidding on Monday, April 18 and we are happy to...
Memorial Service for Frances Caldwell
To Frances Caldwell’s former piano students and their families, as well as her former colleagues from the MCW: Please join us for a memorial service in honor of Frances (details below). Memorial Service for Frances Caldwell Saturday, May 14, 2022, 1:00 pm Scarsdale...