"Every child can"Suzuki
“Music is the language of the heart without words.” -Shinichi Suzuki
The Suzuki philosophy is based on the concept that all children can succeed in music when provided with the right environment, great teaching, and parental support. Early music reading is an important part of the Conservatory’s approach, and our Suzuki students learn through listening, imitation, and repetition.
Each member of our Suzuki faculty is a recognized professional musician who has undertaken the rigorous additional training to qualify as a Suzuki teacher. We accept only the most skilled and experienced musicians to teach in our Suzuki program.
Suzuki Helps Develop
- The ability to problem-solve and think independently
- Confidence through performing in front of others
- Social skills through weekly group classes that can lead to lifelong friendships
- A deep and lasting love for music
- Includes two classes per week – Private Lesson and Group Class. Music Skills or Music Theory is optional, but recommended.
- Parents attend lessons and classes with their children and guide the student’s home practice with them every day.
- Suzuki Program Recitals are scheduled throughout the year.
- Our staff will meet with you and your child to determine their readiness for the Suzuki program.
Stay in the loop
Latest News & Announcements
Going once, going twice, Sold! As part of The Music Conservatory of Westchester’s 21st Annual Golf & Tennis Classic, being held on Monday, June 27, 2022, the Bidding For Good Auction 2022 is now live! We opened bidding on Monday, April 18 and we are happy to...
To Frances Caldwell’s former piano students and their families, as well as her former colleagues from the MCW: Please join us for a memorial service in honor of Frances (details below). Memorial Service for Frances Caldwell Saturday, May 14, 2022, 1:00 pm Scarsdale...
The rapid transmission of the omicron Covid variant, as well as updated public health recommendations, have led us to make some adjustments to our Covid guidelines. We ask that every member of the Conservatory community follow all guidelines and requirements. ...