MCW Prep is the Music Conservatory of Westchester’s intensive pre-college training program for talented high school instrumentalists and singers, offering a unique opportunity to study with master performers of the New York Philharmonic, Metropolitan Opera, and Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center. No other program in the New York region offers the chance for high school students to study with master teachers of this caliber.
Students are selected by audition to enroll in weekly private lessons with a master teacher, as well as participate in chamber music, theory, master classes, performances, audition preparation, college advisement, and career development.
MCW Prep Faculty
Students accepted to MCW Prep by audition will train directly with renowned faculty at the highest levels of performance:
MCW Prep Student Success
We have helped our graduating MCW Prep students go on to be accepted to some of the nation’s most prestigious colleges and universities, such as:
- American Musical & Dramatic Academy
- Belmont University School of Music
- Berklee College of Music
- Boston University
- Cornell University
- Fordham University
- Hofstra University, Music Business program
- State University of New York, Purchase – Conservatory of Music
Scholarships: Tuition assistance is available to students with financial need.
Auditions continue by appointment. Online Applications are accepted below.
- Should be a serious music student, possibly with aspirations about college study at a music conservatory or university and a professional performing career.
- Minimum Age – Must be Entering Grade 9
- Maximum Age – Grade 12
- Completed Application (Application below)
- Audition Video – High-quality video of at least TWO musical selections in contrasting styles. (Can be a recording from a performance or self-made video. Singers should be accompanied.)
- Recordings must be recent: made no more than four months prior to application.
- Please label each upload with the name of the work. *DO include your name.
- We recommend listening to your recordings prior to uploading.
For additional questions, please contact Dr. Douglas Bish, Dean of Students and Faculty: firstname.lastname@example.org